Applicant Information: Inaugural IBTN Summer School 2018 and 2018 IBTN Conference Poster Abstracts
- I want to submit a poster abstract to the 2018 IBTN Conference.
- I want to apply for the Inaugural IBTN Summer School 2018.
- I want to do both.
A. POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
1. General Information for Poster Abstract Submissions
The IBTN Conference is held May 24 to 26 and is open to anyone registering to attend. The conference will include a poster session. Authors whose posters have been selected will have ten (10) days to accept and confirm their attendance to the conference. Presenting Authors will then be required to register for the conference before the conference registration deadline (May 11, 2018). Please note that Presenting Authors are in no way required to apply for the IBTN Summer School.
2. Timeline and Deadlines
- Call for poster abstracts: November 7, 2017
- Poster abstract submission deadline: January 22, 2018, 23h59 EST
- Early bird registration period: January 29 to March 23, 2018
- Notification for acceptance of poster abstracts: February 5, 2018
- Poster abstract author’s deadline for confirmation: February 23, 2018, 23h59 EST
- Deadline to register for the conference: May 11, 2018
3. Submission Instructions
- Abstracts may be submitted in English or French (for those submitting in French, please refer the Publication section)
- Abstracts can be submitted in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .odt, .ott, .pdf, .rtf
- The total length of the abstract should not exceed 1,750 characters (including spaces, and excluding authors, titles and affiliations)
- The name of the Presenting Author must be indicated in bold and the name of the Corresponding Author must be indicated with an asterisk.
- The abstract must include the following clearly identified headings:
- Abstract title
- Authors, Author Titles and Affiliations
Download a sample (PDF format) to help you prepare your submission.
- Abstracts will be published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal (TBA)
- Authors submitting a French-language abstract must also submit an English translation with their submission if they wish the abstract to be published. Accepted abstracts submitted in French without an English translation can be nevertheless presented at the Conference, in French or in English.
I will not be participating in the IBTN Summer School. Can I still submit a poster abstract to the conference?
Absolutely! Presenting Authors attending the conference are not required to apply to the Summer School. Summer School candidates are offered admission based on a separate application process. Poster abstract submissions will be evaluated through a separate peer-review process.
I will not be participating in the IBTN Summer School. Can I still attend the IBTN conference?
No problem! People attending the Conference are not required to attend the Summer School. Admission to the Summer School is managed through a separate selective process. Only selected applicants will be offered admission.
B. SUMMER SCHOOL ADMISSIONS
Check back here in early December for additional details.
1. General Information for Summer School Applicants
The IBTN Summer School is held May 21 to 26 and is open to applicants who have been offered admission. Summer School applicants who are offered admission have one (1) week to accept and confirm their attendance to the Summer School. Applicants accepting to attend the Summer School will then be required to register for the School which will include registration to the Conference. Summer School applicants are encouraged to submit a poster abstract to the 2018 IBTN Conference, but are not required to do so.
2. Timelines and Deadlines
- Start of application period for Summer School: December 4, 2017
- Summer School application deadline: January 15, 2018, 23h59 EST
- Notification of summer school admission: February 16, 2018
3. Frequently Asked Questions
Who can attend the Summer School?
The Summer School is open to graduate students* and early career researchers who want to develop and extend their knowledge about behavioural trials. (* Masters students may be admitted to the course if they demonstrate sufficient background and interest.)
When will the Summer School take place?
The Summer School will take place from May 21 to 26, 2018
- May 21: Opening dinner
- May 22: Summer School courses
- May 23: Summer School courses
- May 24: Summer School courses + IBTN Conference opening cocktail and poster presentations
- May 25: IBTN Conference and dinner event
- May 26: IBTN Conference and public lectures
Where will the Summer School be held?
I have other questions. Where can I get more information?
Email the IBTN Team at email@example.com
What happens if I can only participate in the Summer School but not the IBTN conference?
Attendance to the IBTN Conference is an integral part of the Summer School program. Those offered and accepting admission to the Summer School are required to attend the Conference as part of the Summer School program.
C. INFORMATION FOR SUMMER SCHOOL APPLICANTS ALSO SUBMITTING A POSTER FOR THE CONFERENCE
The IBTN Summer School and the 2018 IBTN Conference have been organized in parallel and run sequentially specifically to allow Summer School applicants to also submit a poster abstract (if they wish to do so). For those submitting applications to both of these IBTN initiatives, simply consult the information provided for IBTN Summer School applicants, as well as the information provided for IBTN Conference poster abstract submissions. Deadlines have been coordinated to allow for applications to both events.
If you have questions or concerns, contact the IBTN team at firstname.lastname@example.org.