The 2019 Summer School will be offered in French
The application period has passed
NEW INFO: Speakers and Presenters
The IBTN Summer School in Behavioural Trials is an academic program held over 6 days exploring how to breakthrough current obstacles in behavioural trial methodologies and expand the reach, capacity, and impact of trials in the field of behavioural medicine.
Working with internationally renowned experts in innovative clinical trials, behavioural intervention development, and patient-oriented research, participants will learn about developing effective behavioural interventions and conducting high-quality trials through interactive workshops and training activities.
The IBTN Summer School is designed to foster networking opportunities for its participants, and will include additional online activities prior to and after the on-site program.
- When: May 12-17, 2019 (with online activities to be held before and after)
- Where: Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), Canada
- How: Apply online starting December 3, 2018
- Application deadline EXTENDED: February 8, 2019, 11:59 EST
- Who: Open to graduate students and early career researchers who want to develop and extend their knowledge about behavioural trials
Application and Admission Information for the 2019 IBTN Summer School
Attendance to the IBTN Summer School is reserved to candidates having accepted an offer of admission. Read more about application requirements and conditions of admission (available in French only).
Kim Lavoie, Ph.D.
- Full Professor in the Department of Psychology at Université du Québec à Montréal
- Chair of Behavioural Medicine at Université du Québec à Montréal
- Co-director, Montréal Behavioural Medicine Centre (MBMC), CIUSSS-NIM
- More about Dr. Lavoie
Sponsors & Partners
The Summer School initiative will be offered yearly over five years by the International Behavioural Trials Network (IBTN) Chair through Concordia University with the support of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research’s Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (CIHR SPOR), Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), the UQAM Chair in Behavioural Medicine, the Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux du Nord-de-l’Île-de-Montréal (CIUSSS-NIM), and the Montréal Behavioural Medicine Centre (MBMC). We also extend thanks to the following institutions for contributing to the 2019 IBTN Summer School: Plateforme iCEPS, Université Laval, École de santé publique de l’Université de Montréal (EPSUM), Institut Armand-Frappier de l’Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS), and Centre hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CHUM).