The IBTN Conference is held May 24 to 26 and is open to anyone registering to attend. The conference will include a poster session. Once poster winners are announced, winners have ten (10) days to accept and confirm their attendance to the conference. Winners are then required to register for the conference. Winners are in no way required to apply for the IBTN Summer School.
Read more about submitting a poster abstract
The IBTN Summer School is held May 21 to 26 and is open to applicants who have been offered admission. Summer School applicants who are offered admission have one (1) week to accept and confirm their attendance to the School. Applicants accepting to attend the School are expected to register for the School and their registration will include registration to the conference. Summer School applicants are encouraged to submit a poster abstract but are not required to do so.
- Call for poster abstracts: *****
- Poster abstract submission deadline: Jan 22
- Early bird registration period: January 29 to March 23, 2018
- Notification for acceptance of poster abstracts: Feb 5
- Poster abstract author’s deadline for confirmation: Feb 23
- Deadline to register for the conference: May 11
- Start of application period for Summer School: December 4, 2017
- Summer School application deadline: January 15, 2018, 11h59 EST
- Notification of summer school admission: February 16, 2018
- Deadline to confirm acceptance: February 23, 2018
- Registration confirmation and payment request from IBTN: ************XXX date à fixer
- Abstracts may be submitted in English or French
- The total length of the abstract should not exceed 2,500 characters (excluding authors, titles and affiliations) (********confirmer si le nombre de caractères a du sens et préciser si ça inclut ou non les espaces)
- The name of the presenting author will be indicated in bold and the name of the corresponding author will be indicated with an asterisk.
- The abstract must include the following clearly identified headings: à
- Abstract title
- Authors, Author Titles and Affiliations
- Download a template to help you prepare your submission (PDF format*************).
- Abstracts will be published in Health and Fitness Journal of Canada
- Abstracts may also be published in another journal (TBA)
Who can attend Summer School?
Open to graduate students* and early career researchers who want to develop and extend their knowledge about behavioural trials.
* Masters students may be admitted to the course if they demonstrate sufficient background and interest.
When will Summer School take place?
May 21-26, 2018 (with online activities to be held before and after *** should we specify any dates about online activities starting/ending?)
- May 21: Opening dinner
- May 22: Courses
- May 23: Courses
- May 24: Courses + IBTN Conference opening cocktail and poster presentations
- May 25: IBTN Conference and dinner event
- May 26: IBTN Conference and public lectures
Where will the Summer School be held?
In Montréal, at Concordia University and Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), Canada
What courses will be offered?
What is the course schedule?
How many credits can I obtain from the Summer School?
The Inaugural IBTN Summer School is a PhD level course recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur and approved by Concordia University’s Faculty of Arts & Science.
Summer School credits are accepted toward degrees at most colleges and universities at the discretion of the home institution and Concordia University has an agreement with all other universities in North America. However, because degree requirements vary among schools, you should check your home school’s transfer policies before you register.
How long is the Summer School program?
Held over 6 days from May 21 to 26.
What are the admission procedures?
- Fill out the online application form (available starting December 4, 2017 ** ADD LINK WHEN LIVE***)
- Include a CV and letter of intent in one the following formats:.doc, .docx, .odt, .ott, .pdf, .rtf
- Letter of intent: one page covering your background, areas of interest, motivation for attending the school, and any other relevant information.
- A current CV: one or two pages including your background, current program of study, previous work experiences and any other relevant information
- We highly recommend submitting your materials in PDF format. You may use the following online conversion service***
What are the costs?
What is the registration deadline?
January 15, 2018, 11h59 EST
How do I register?
Upon your acceptance of your offer of admission in February, we will proceed to register you for the Summer School and conference and will send you a payment request for the fees. *** je crois que ce sera le plus facile comme ça!***********
What does the cost of registration include?
Fees will cover all courses and conference registration, lunches, coffee breaks and one dinner on Monday May 21st, and full attendance to the IBTN conference.
How do I withdraw from a Summer School course?
Can I access Special Accommodations for my Summer School course?
Is transportation provided?
Travel expenses are not covered but foreign students may/will (?*********) be eligible to travel awards to cover travel expenses.
Where can I get more information?
What happens if I can only participate to the Summer School but not the IBTN conference?
Attendance to the IBTN conference is an integral part of the Summer School program, and those offered and accepting admission to the Summer School are required to attend the conference.