B. SUMMER SCHOOL ADMISSIONS
1. General Information for Summer School Applicants
The IBTN Summer School is held May 21 to 26 and is open to applicants who have been offered admission. Summer School applicants who are offered admission have one (1) week to accept and confirm their attendance to the Summer School. Applicants accepting to attend the Summer School will then be required to register for the School which will include registration to the Conference. Summer School applicants are encouraged to submit a poster abstract to the 2018 IBTN Conference, but are not required to do so.
2. Timelines and Deadlines
- Start of application period for Summer School: December 4, 2017
- Summer School application deadline: January 15, 2018, 23h59 EST
- Notification of summer school admission: February 16, 2018
- Deadline to confirm acceptance: February 23, 2018, 23h59 EST
- Registration confirmation and payment request from IBTN: ************XXX date à fixer
- Start of online activities: *********
- End of online activities: ****
3. Frequently Asked Questions
Who can attend the Summer School?
The Summer School is open to graduate students* and early career researchers who want to develop and extend their knowledge about behavioural trials. (* Masters students may be admitted to the course if they demonstrate sufficient background and interest.)
When will the Summer School take place?
The Summer School will take place from May 21 to 26, 2018 (******with no more than 10 hours of online activities to be held between March 1 and June 21)
- May 21: Opening dinner
- May 22: Summer School courses
- May 23: Summer School courses
- May 24: Summer School courses + IBTN Conference opening cocktail and poster presentations
- May 25: IBTN Conference and dinner event
- May 26: IBTN Conference and public lectures
Where will the Summer School be held?
What courses will be offered?
To be announced. Specific conference workshops will be required as part of the credit program**********************
What is the course schedule?
To be announced. 45-minute teaching blocks, 1 to 1.5 hour discussion blocks, 30-minute end-of-session free discussion blocks **********************
What is the nature, and time required, for online activites prior to and after the program?
Pre-reading, identifying “good and bad” articles with in bullet point form******** to be developed. No more than 10 hours total. Starting March 1 and follow-up until 30 days after conference, required for those seeking course credit.
How many credits can I obtain from the Summer School?
The Inaugural IBTN Summer School is a PhD-level course recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur and approved by Concordia University’s Faculty of Arts & Science. The program will offer attendees three (3) university-level credits.
Summer School credits are accepted toward degrees at most colleges and universities at the discretion of the home institution and Concordia University has an agreement with many universities in North America. However, because degree requirements vary among schools, you should check your home school’s transfer policies before you register.
How long is the Summer School program?
It will be held over 6 days from May 21 to 26, with 3 of these days taking place at the 2018 IBTN Conference (May 24 to 26).
What are the admission procedures?
- Fill out the online application form (available December 4, 2017)
- Include a CV and letter of intent in one of the following formats:.doc, .docx, .odt, .ott, .pdf, .rtf
- Letter of intent: Maximum of one (1) page covering your background, areas of interest, motivation for attending the Summer School, and any other relevant information.
- A current CV: Maximum of one (1) to two (2) pages including your background, current program of study, previous work experiences, and any other relevant information.
- We highly recommend submitting your materials in PDF format. You may use one of many free online conversion services.
What are the costs?
Students and postdocs: $285*** to be confirmed Dec 1
New investigators: $475
What is the application deadline?
January 15, 2018, 23h59 EST
How do I register?
Upon accepting your offer of admission in February, we will proceed to register you for the Summer School and the IBTN Conference and will send you a payment request for the fees. ***** We will need to ask them to choose their workshops.*****
What does the cost of registration include?
Fees will cover all courses and conference registration, lunches, coffee breaks and one dinner on Monday May 21st, and full attendance to the IBTN conference.
What accommodations are offered?
Accommodations will be offered free of charge to applicants eligible for the travel awards. Accommodations will be provided at the Grey Nun’s **** map ***.
When are registration costs payable?
An online payment request (via PayPal) will be included in your Offer of Admission package. All registration costs are payable no later than March 2, 2018, 23h59 EST.
How do I withdraw from a Summer School course?
Requests for withdrawal received before 23h59 EST on March 23, 2018 will be processed and will involve a $50 non-refundable fee. Requests for withdrawal after this date will be honoured but registration fees will not be reimbursed. ****
I have special mobility needs. Are the venues of the IBTN Summer School program accessible?
Yes, Summer School courses are offered at public universities that are universally accessible. Living accommodations offered by the Summer School are also wheelchair accessible.
We invite accepted applicants to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any other specific accommodation needs.
Is transportation provided?
Travel expenses are not covered but some applicants may be eligible to receive travel awards to cover their travel expenses. Our goal is to make the IBTN Summer School as accessible as possible. Travels grants will be granted based on the pool of applicants, eligibility and available funding, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
I am not from Canada. What kind of visa will I require?
All visa requirements are the responsibility of individual applicants based on their nationality and employment/student status. Please contact the relevant authorities at your university, organization, or consulate.****** to be developed
I have other questions. Where can I get more information?
Email the IBTN Team at email@example.com
What happens if I can only participate in the Summer School but not the IBTN conference?
Attendance to the IBTN Conference is an integral part of the Summer School program. Those offered and accepting admission to the Summer School are required to attend the Conference as part of the Summer School program.